Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Unit 1





In my research on Afghanistan I researched job types and job opportunities for Afghanistan citizens. My research was not very detailed and was more of common knowledge. I should have more fully researched each thing and tried to understand everything instead of just finding the few major facts. In my research I had found some job opportunities in Afghanistan for people outside Afghanistan and I tried to use those and it did not work because doing this really did not teach me anything new and it did not really give my a sense of whats really going on in Afghanistan. Although I did some bad research I did have some very incisive research the helped my very much.
In Afghanistan their are many new situations arising, one big current issue is in Afghanistan is the US Army will be being pulled out in about a year and this will affect Afghanistan a lot because they will be on their own and it will effect jobs and business in very many different ways. Some say that it will be good to let Afghanistan get started on their own and that business owners will be able to create jobs because they will be able to get their business going but some business owners say that if we leave to early that everything will go back to the way it was and then their businesses will end going under. According to http://merln.ndu.com/archivepdf/afghanistan/state/75421.pdf. Afghanistan will be ready when we leave and their businesses will have room to hire more people and create more jobs. http://www.embassyofafghanistan.org/ says that they want to maintain an alliance with the us and they think they will be ready when we leave.








The knowledge that I have learned from studying Afghanistan has helped me to form my own opinion about what Afghanistan is like and what it would be like to live their. In my opinion Afghanistan is a country with some problems just like all the other countries but with hard work its problems are for the most part fixable. Although it could become a pretty good place to live I would not want to live their because it is hard to find good paying jobs that a person could live off of. I would like to visit it, however, because it would be a good experience because I would see first hand how some people live because their is a lot of poverty and it would be a real eye opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment